Pratt Pond Association History
The Pratt Pond Association was formed on January 3, 1959. The original articles of agreement were signed by-
None of the original founders are still alive today, but two of the family camps are still owned and occupied by their children or grandchildren.
The following history is information received from a taped interview with Ed and Connie Blanchette in 1999, by Penny Yunuba.
When Ed and Connie bought their land in 1959, he contacted Waterloom Mills (now Greenville Mills) about lowering the pond to work on the land. Waterloom Mills still owned the very small, original dam and all flow rights, but had not used it in approximately 40 years. They offered to sell the half of the pond they owned and all flow…
- No dumping of rubbish in the water or anywhere outside which includes roadsides.
- Speed limit on all roads is 15 MPH, all vehicles. (This includes all OHRV and dirt bikes)
- No gas powered motors on the pond.
- No washing of people, dogs, clothes, or using soap in the pond. Anyone seen breaking this rule will be notified by the Association.
- No unnecessary noise should be made (radios, motorized vehicles, parties, etc.) Be a good neighbor. Noise curfew will be between 10PM and 7AM.
- Three long car horn blasts shall be a distress signal.
- Any sales of property or transfers should be brought to the attention of the Association.
- Pond levels will be maintained per the Officers Manual.